A total of 14 members and 5 guests attended the meeting.
Introductions – Guests Welcome
Tom indicated that we have paid the fee for Made in Milwaukee and we will be cutting a check to sponsor BarCampMilwaukee6. For more information visit barcampmilwaukee.org The group agreed to put donations from members toward the sponsorship and pay the remainder out of organization funds.
This Sunday, September 18th from 1-3pm Royce will be teaching a class on the DipTrace printed circuit board design software. You can RSVP on Facebook.
The First Annual Wisconsin Science Festival will be held in Madison September 22nd-25th. Milwaukee Makerspace is not actively participating however the event has been shared on the mailing list. wisconsinsciencefest.org
BarCampMilwaukee6 is scheduled for October 1st-2nd and many of our members will be in attendance; a few will even be teaching!
Wiki and Website Content Discussion
There is a discussion on the mailing list about starting a Makerspace Wiki. Jason, Ross, and Royce led most of the discussion in the meeting Tuesday. While it is not clear if members would maintain or use a wiki, blog posts are being made often so the website is staying fresh and up-to-date. Is it also not clear at this time if WordPress has “collaboration” style pages like Drupal did with the former website. Brant volunteered to port the old cleanup task list and recommended vendors list over to the new website. Brant and Jason expressed interest in tagging the equipment with QR codes or something similar to track relevant information and possibly maintenance.
The group went around the room and shared what projects they are currently working on:
- Royce P. – Gyro Belt/E-Textile Project for Dancers
- Rich N. – Electric Ford Ranger Conversion & Restoring the Craftsman Lathe
- Chris H. – Electric Ford Escort Conversion, transmission work
- Ron B. – Wants to build a large electric clock using wooden gears, plans to level the CNC milling surface soon
- Tom Gr. – Tweaking the Electric Dodge Neon, battery monitors and “smart” battery chargers
- Mike K. – Temperature control circuit for an ATV, motor controller, possibly a Tesla coil soon
- David R. – Motorcycle repairs, RFID audio plane
- Jack D. – Continuing work on the ambulance, siren and PA coming soon
- Jason G. – Coaching a FIRST Lego League Team
- Matt N. – Looking to fabricate aluminum porch post covers
- Ross O. – LED scrolling display hacking, analog synthesizer, repairing various test equipment picked up from yard sales
- Brant H. – Scoreboard clocks, video projector hacking, making a key for the TP dispenser in the Women’s Room
- Brett – Continuing work on the forge, needs to make tools and casting forge, also a LilyPad bicycle illumination project for night riding