Kevin’s Noise Box (Photo by Pete Prodoehl).
On Friday April 20th, 2012, several members of the Milwaukee Makerspace participated in the Spring Gallery Night event hosted at BucketWorks and put on in collaboration with ArtWorks for Milwaukee. Several hundred people came through the space to check out works from both groups. ArtWorks also had a nice write-up of the night from their point of view. We love getting our crazy work out in front of people.
So, gentle Reader, I present to you an inventory of our Makers and Their Works:
- Kevin Bastyr
- The Mahoganator – A noise box encased in a lovely Mahogany shell.
- The Cacophonator – A noise box encased in a lovely welded metal shell.
- Cast bronze tree-trunk table.
- Angle grinder table from the One Tool Competition.
- Adam Cohen
- Functional MagneTag prototype! Gallery night patrons were invited to run through the space playing MagneTag.
- Jason Gessner
- Step – A step sequencer controlled by a Dance Dance Revolution Controller, Processing and Logic Pro.
- Matt Neesley
- CNC Architectural Relief Sculptures.
- Pete Prodoehl
- The Arc-O-Matic! A one-armed, 2 servo-enabled drawing robot.
- Wooden Knuckles and Wooden Nickels.
- Other crafty 3D printed replacement parts and creations.
- Vishal Rana
- Laser Harp and Propane Tank Drum
- Shane Thielen
- The Eye Wooden Block Sculpture
- Laser Printed Periodic Table of the Elements.
Check out Pete’s Time Lapse Bot footage of the event. I’m seen messing around with my laptop a lot until I settled on a sound set I liked for the Step.
In addition, the folks from the newly-forming Spring City Launchpad makerspace in Waukesha were there to get the word out.
And if that wasn’t enough, Jason H. had 2 of Pete’s Drawbots collaborating at the Art Milwaukee Wedding after party!
Big thanks to Tim @ Bucketworks and the folks at ArtWorks for sharing the space with us and inviting us to the festivities!
More photos of the night shot by Brant are available on Flickr.