Tuesday June 28th, 2011

Greater Milwaukee Committee

* The GMC is interested in having creative groups/businesses similar to us rent out parts of the Grand Avenue Mall.

* The GMC is interested in partnering with the Milwaukee Makerspace in some way.

* Adam will be attending a meeting with the GMC on Wednesday(tomorrow) to find out more information.

Power Wheels Race at Kansas City Mini Maker Fair

* Royce and Tom participated in the Power Racing Series at Maker Fair Kansas City.

* Tom did not finish any races and still maintains his record of never finishing a race.

* Royce took second in the endurance race.

* Sector67 from Madison is in first place for the 2011 season after the Kansas City event.

Maker Fair Detroit Plans

* Several members are planning on going to Maker Fair Detroit on July 29th to the 31st.

* We will have 4 entries in the Power Racing Series..

* James Carlson from Bucket Works will be hosting “Space Camp” and offered to give us an exhibit space to show off the Milwaukee Makerspace.

South Shore Frolics Parade Updates

* Tom has the motor controllers for the pots of gold. He will be installing the new controllers on Thursday.

* Rich’s trailer is here and ready for decorating.

* We are thinking of having a cook out after the parade.


* Riminder: Please lock all of the doors when you leave the makerspace.

* The $40 a month membership is available, but has not been offically posted on the website.

Tuesday June 21st 2011

12 members and 7 guest attended the meeting.


South Shore Frolics Parade

* We will be participating in the south shore frolics parade on Saturday July 16th. The parade is approximately 1.5 miles.

Parade Float Ideas

* Convert a pot of gold into a dalek. (Tom has new motor controllers for the floats)

* Convert a pot of gold into a a beer.

* Convert a pot of gold into our logo.

* Ride the power wheels vehicles.

* Make a Christmas in July float. (Rich has a 8×12 trailer we can use)

* Milwaukee Makerspace flags with our logo.

* Weird soda for kids.

Thursday Demos

* Brent will give a screen printing demo on Thursday June 30th.

* Jason will give a Max MSP demo on Thursday July 7th.

Great Milwaukee Race

* Jason reported back that the event was a success.

* All of the teams liked the oversized jacks game that Jason created. Most teams completed the challenge in 1-4 minutes.

* A total of 69 teams(255 people) participated in the jacks game and no one got hurt.

* Several member expressed interest in making other oversized games in the future.

Website Updates

* Jason worked with Michael on a new Word Press design for our website.

* We are hoping to switch the website from Drupal to Word Press in the next couple of weeks.


* Shane showed off a demo of his T-shirt design that is on Zazzle. The new shirts look awesome.

Tuesday June 14th, 2011

16 members and 3 guests attended the meeting.



* The posters have arrived.

* We will put a poster up and Greenfield News and Hobby and American Science and Surplus.

* Tim will see if we can get a poster put up at MATC.

* Chris will get some smaller 11×17 posters printed.

* Brant will try and contact MIAD, MSOE, and UWM to see if we can get posters put up.

Great Milwaukee Race

* Jason will be hosting a station at the Great Milwaukee Race this Saturday June 18th.

* Jason is looking for volunteers to help on Saturday morning. Meet him at AJ Bombers at 8:00am if you are interested.

* For more information about the race visit http://www.greatmilwaukeerace.com.

Milwaukee 48 Hour Film Project

* Adam is looking for volunteers for the 48 Hour Film Project.

* Adam will be at the space on Saturday and Sunday working on a film. Stop by if you are interested in participating.




* For more information about the project visit http://www.48hourfilm.com/milwaukee

Thursday Night Demo

* Rich will give a welding demo on Thursday June 23rd.

* We will not have a demo for Thursday June 16th.

* The demo night needs to be promoted better, so we can attract more people that are not already involved with the makerspace. Jackie suggested using facebook to promote the demo nights.

Safety Poster

* Brant showed his rough draft for a safety poster.

* Jason mentioned he has a partially completed web application that is almost done that could be used instead of a poster.

* Jason will try and get the App Engine app published soon

Rental Squares

* We will start charging people for rental squares in the hanger starting July 1st.

Partail Membership

* The partial membership at $40 per month in now available.

* We are currently using an honor system. Royce is working on adding automatic enforcement of partial membership in the access control system.


* Tom Gondek’s screen printing gear is in the loft. Someone needs to assemble it and get it up and running.

* Tom G. brought his spray booth and more pallet racking grates to the makerspace.






Tuesday June 7th, 2011

12 members and 6 guests attended the meeting.


Make Live

* Reminder we will be on Make Live this Wednesday night starting at 8pm.


Gallery Night

* Gallery night was a huge success.

* We made $60.

* Jackie will investigate gallery night for July.

* Huge thanks to Kevin B. for organiing this event for us.

Safety Posters

* We will create a large poster for our safety list.

* It will list every member and the machines they are trained to use.

* It will also have each members picture.

* Brant will work on putting the poster together.



* Shane put together t-shirts and stickers and posted them to our Zazzle account.

* Our Zazzle account looks great now.


Renting Squares in the Hanger

* Square rental will start on July 1st.

* Each square will be rented for $75 per month.

* We will start renting from the far end of the hanger.


Thursday Night Demos

* Matt will do a soldering demo at 8pm this Thursday.

* Brent will give a 555 demo in 3 weeks.



* Brant will take the lead in organizing clean up day for June.

* The posters are in the mail.

* Tim talked with someone at MATC. We might be able to put up posters there.

* Brent volunteered to do some screen printing. Tom Gondek has some screen printing gear that we might be able to bring to the space.

* Someone needs to put all of the email addresses from the grand opening guest book into a spread sheet.