A while back, Pete and I had discussed making spools for the ABS plastic that the Makerbot uses. The stop-gap solution until now has involved painters’ tape and coils of filament laying all over the table.
After Matt had a print job interrupted due to a kinked filament, I decided I had better hurry up and make this thing.
Full step-by-step instructions are available on Instructables here: The Spools and The Spool Rack
I’ve decided that it’s worth it to pick one random project now and then that addresses a need that the ‘Space has.
Next up: a fully functioning version of ED-209 to guard the doors to the ‘Space.
Wow, this looks great! It puts to shame whatever it was I had planned to hack together…
Yes, now we just need to see if it works! I might have to add a filament guide to the rack after all.